"Enhancing a Nordic approach to product development in industry, education and research"
The Nordic Chapter shall seek to:
- Enhance knowledge and understanding of next-generation product development research, education and practice.
- Contribute to fostering Nordic ecosystems for design research-based realization of innovations.
- Contribute to the ability to drive change and renewal in higher education through collaboration between industry and academia.
- Strengthen the ability in academia and industry to lead change and benefit from state-of-the-art technologies.
The Nordic Chapter coordinates research across Nordic countries in the focus areas of:
- Design of innovative concepts, systems and product solutions.
- Design automation and digital engineering.
- Sustainable life cycle design.
- Engineering management.
Examples of Nordic Chapter activities are: